In this weeks episode of weightlifting academy, Michael and I discuss Squats: High bar, low bar, and front squats. Which is best? Does that question even make sense?
And what about all this exercise science crapola? Just how scientific does a coach need to be, anyway? (Hint: more than most realize.)
- Nick and Michael prove why Weightlifting Academy is not ever going to be like CNN’s CrossFire
- Are Low Bar Squats Better than High Bar Squats?
- Our friend, Justin Lascek, thinks so and Michael likes the argument
- Nick ain’t so sure
- We promote the ideas of “Practiced-based Evidence” and the “coach as scientist”
- Why Nick thinks Non-Strength Athletes might do better sticking to the Front Squat
- Why Michael isn’t so convinced
- How keeping an open mind is more important than having strong opinions
- What John Broz can teach you about how wimpy you are
- Does Michael have more than 5 fingers on his hand? Find out here …
- And for some reason … Nick can’t keep his hands off his soul-patch