I told you I had something important to tell you on Monday …
But I decided to wait until today. The reason is that – and this is totally weirdo – I have noticed that more of you read the emails I send on Tuesday than on Monday.
And it is too important to have you miss the boat.
It is about how to best help YOU be a better weightlifter, and what I’m doing RIGHT NOW to make that happen.
(WARNING: This email is a lot longer than most. But it’s worth the read. If you’d rather read it on my blog, click here.)
I’m just going to jump right in…
BAD NEWS FIRST
You know that I started running a 3-month Beta Tester group for a Coaching-based membership site called SAMURAI STRENGTH INSIDER
To be great at anything technical and hard (like the Olympic lifts) you need 3 things:
- The right plan (program)
- The right attitude (this is helped greatly by surrounding yourself with like-minded people)
- The right teacher/coach (to put you on the fast-track and help you avoid spinning your wheels)
The goal of the site was to provide all three.
The site is still going strong, and I have learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t, and am continuing to.
I have CLOSED REGISTRATION to new members.
Nothing has changed for current members at all. But I am not accepting new people to the site … for now.
That’s the bad news.
I will reopen registration for that site in a while when I have kicked it up about 10 notches.
My goal for THAT site is to make it a hardcore, highly personal, all-access PRIVATE coaching site.
The reality is that I will have to DOUBLE the price (at least) to make that happen and add in what I plan to. And that is totally reasonable, considering that it will still be less that 1/4 the price of true one-on-one coaching with me. (Which is going up to $165/hour, starting next week, FYI)
The beauty of a group-based coaching situation is that you can still keep the rates within “shooting range” for most people, while still providing a TON of goodies and service. It’s one of the reasons why I like running a TEAM of athletes all at once, rather than just doing private coaching all the time.
At any rate …
Samurai Strength Insider is going to be reopened eventually in a bigger, badder way based on all the things I learned.
So if what you are looking for is a highly personalized, hands-on coaching group where you have a ridiculous amount of personal access to me, you’re in luck, ’cause that’s what’s coming.
Maybe you don’t actually need me to hold your hand every single second.
But you DO need:
- Good programs so that you can progress at a faster rate
- A great community of lifters to keep you motivated
- Coaching when you need your questions answered, technique on the lifts critiqued, programs tweaked to meet your needs/goals, etc.
Given that we live in the real world, where you are likely ALREADY paying upwards of $200/month for a CrossFit club or some other place to do your training …
You can’t really afford to spend another $100/month.
Never fear … T-Bone andThe Iron Samurai are here to save the day
(Sit down, I’m about to unleash the awesome and I don’t want you to fall over and hurt yourself)
Tamara Cohen and I have teamed up to create a brand new coaching site where …
- We’ll provide you with the programs
- We’ll create the team-like environment for you
- We’ll be there to coach the shit out of you (that sounded better in my head before I wrote it out …)
The goal is to providing you with a practical way to make rapid progress and have access to the coaching you’ve been needing for a long time.
This is what Tamara and I DO … we are what you might call “Developmental” coaches. Our focus, our life, our motivation is all about coaching BEGINNERS … just like you.
We both take new lifters, people who have never done this stuff EVER, and turn them into contest ready weightlifters almost overnight. We know exactly the kinds of needs you have, because they are the same as the needs of the teams of real people we coach every single day in our gyms.
OF COURSE this matters to us … because it IS us. We started out exactly the same way as you did!
- We both started as adults.
- We both had to learn the hard way what did and didn’t work for people in our situation.
- We tried EVERYTHING. Between the two of us, I’m not sure there is anything in strength training we haven’t given the old college try.
And yet, we stuck with it and now we’ve come farther than most adults even believe is possible.
If you’ve followed my stuff over the last little while, you know Tamara has gone from totally clueless … to competing at the American Open in just 2 years of serious training for this goal. (The AO is one of the most important national-level contests in the country). She will be there next week, and I will be her platform coach. And yes … I WILL be putting up videos for you
But that is just us.
Our athletes have come farther than us, faster than us, because they didn’t have to learn the hard way, like we did.
That’s the best thing about having a coach .. You learn what NOT to do. Honestly, that is even more important than knowing what you SHOULD do.
Tamara and I are here to help you with BOTH.
- You’ll know exactly what you need to do
- You’ll know exactly what you need to avoid
And you’ll be helped all along the way.
Now … I know that it sounds like all of this is going to cost you an arm and a leg (maybe even a nose and a liver), to have access to both of us coaching you!
But we’ve figured out how to do all of this for …
Wait for it …
Wait for it a little longer …
I know how crazy that sounds. But it gets even better.
On Black Friday (… that’s friday, Nov. 23th) … and on Friday ONLY … I’m going to open up Early Bird registration for much less than that!
I know, as usual, I’m causing you to think I’m out of my mind. And maybe I am.
But Tamara and I are here to help you.
(I’m not going to tell you what the price is going to be yet … because I really don’t want you peeing on the platform.)
THAT’S NOT ALL
There are going to be massive bonuses for people who join this group in addition to the primary stuff I talked about.
Joining our new Coaching Group includes:
- FREE copies of ALL of my eBooks, and all of the eBooks I will ever write (I’ve got a TON coming down the line…)
- Members-only VIDEO tutorials that cannot be seen anywhere else.
- STEEP discounts on upcoming Interactive Online Courses and LIVE seminars that Tamara and I will be coaching
- WOM = A new Workout of the Month, each and every month written by Tamara and I based on what actually WORKS with our own lifters in our own real-live gyms
- Every BACK ISSUE of my old Samurai Strength Journal (Chock full of programming advice and real world experiments on my own lifters – these are not sold anywhere)
- The NEW Samurai Strength System (The update to my beginners book on Olympic lifting) which includes all the core training programs that haven’t even been released yet, the ones that have DOUBLED the rate of progress of my lifters since the release of the 1st edition of Samurai Strength!
- MONTLY interactive LIVE CHATS run by Tamara and I where you can get all your questions answered on the spot.
- Your own WORKOUT LOG where you will post what you are doing so that we can monitor your progress and make course-corrections NOW, rather than waiting until it is too late.
- An interactive COMMUNITY of lifters who are all in the same boat as you, who will keep you “honest” and motivated.
- And much more … in fact, if you have ideas on how to make it even more kick-ass, we’ll listen!
The whole point is to help you …And that is what we’re gonna do.
Stay tuned …
Now go lift something heavy,
PS. Make sure you are on my email list (sign up below) so that you don’t miss this one-day-only offer … also, by signing up, you’ll get a free copy of “The 7 Deadly Sins of Weightlifting”